Pages

26 May 2011

Time to make some food!


In honor of the Thirsty Thursday's of old, I will be making egg rolls. I have since lost the recipe that was handed down to me by a fellow employee. Thanks Shirley, I am sorry I had to find a new recipe. So this will be the modified recipe I will be using... I didn't type up all the steps cause I have made these before but if you have any questions, my ask box is always open. Even to anons ;)


Ingredients:

  • 2 lb. ground pork (or ground turkey for you non pig eaters)
  • Carrots (6 medium carrots)
  • 1 Cabbage
  • Bean Thread Noodles (2 or 3 packs)
  • Green Onions (1 bunch)
  • Garlic (2 crushed cloves)
  • Dried black mushrooms, soak in water and slice (I use fresh shitake mushrooms) 1 cup
  • Eggs (3)
  • Fish Sauce (1 tbsp)
  • Salt (2 tsp)
  • Sugar (2 tsp)
  • Pepper (1/4 tsp)
  • Spring roll wrappers (2 25 pc pks)
  • Spicy sweet sauce

And the steps to make my arteries go to hell and my taste buds go to heaven:

  1. *Brown meat.
  2. *Soak bean thread in water for 10 minutes.
  3. *Shred 2-3 cups carrots.
  4. *Chop cabbage 2-3 cups worth.
  5. *Chop green onions.
  6. *Remove bean thread from water and cut them up with scissors.
  7. *Put carrots, cabbage, green onions, bean thread and 1 cup mushrooms in a large bowl.
  8. *Add 3 eggs, salt, sugar, pepper, fish sauce and crushed garlic cloves.
  9. *Add meat.
  10. *Mix by hand.

Roll up the yummy mixture in your spring roll wrapper and seal it closed with egg. Once they are all rolled up and ready for frying:

  1. Heat 2-3 inches of canola oil to about 325.
  2. Float the egg rolls in oil for about 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
  3. Place on paper bag to absorb oil.
  4. Service with spicy sweet sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and sometimes moderated.