Pages

07 January 2011

Who says there is nothing to do on a Friday night?

Answer: The unimaginative, the apathetic and people who have no hobbies. GET A HOBBY!

Originally my plan for tonight consisted of watching some anime or movies and knitting. All this after a yummy home cooked dinner. But it's a Friday night! So instead of being the typical apathetic young adult complaining the typical complaints: 'I'm so bored.' or 'There is nothing to do.' We will create something to do!

New plan for tonight, round up the cheeses that I got at the grocery store earlier this week: alouette Baby Brie, Moondara Sweet Chili cheese and Ilchester Wensleydale cheese with cranberries. Grab the box of Triscuits in the cupboard, dried fruits and berry spread. Finally hit the Grocery Outlet (best place to find a huge variety of wines on the cheap) and pick up a bottle or two to accompany my snacks. Once all of the yummy ingredients are rounded up it's time to move on to phase two of not so boring Friday night.



Head over to my friend's house, throw down the gauntlets and challenge the household to a duel. What sort of a duel? Oh you know something fun to exercise the mind: Trivial Pursuit DVD.



I don't know if I am just old or my idea of fun is not the same as others but I think I got it covered. Hanging out with friends? Check! Having some yummy snacks? Check! Getting drunk? Check! Sounds like a good time to me... Friday nights boring? Pish posh, YOU are making it boring. Don't rely on others to make a fun time for you. Don't be an apathetic chump that's gonna whine about their lame Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and sometimes moderated.