Pages

07 November 2009

Nightmares

So last night I woke up twice; frightened and one time choking and gasping for air. So in all three of my dreams I was near the ocean and the waves started to get bigger. So I would back away from the water that was coming cause I don't like the ocean or the cold. And for some strange reason in one of the dreams I felt a sense of panic cause my cell phone was in my pocket and I didn't want to ruin it. (Stupid brain making dumbness happens in my dream. Who cares if I have a phone in my pocket, I hate the ocean!)




I am strange, yeah I know. So the wave ends up taking me in and I freak out cause I can't swim! Plus the wave just seems to get bigger and its all scary and it doesn't seem like I will ever get to shore and all I see is dark rolling waves everywhere. So the first two times I woke up all sweaty and scared, laid back down and tried to go to sleep. The third time was fucking horrible, I was trapped up into the wave and it felt so real. I started choking and gasping for air. Seriously had the worst night of sleep ever in a long time. It took a long while to fall back asleep. It was mostly me tossing and turning.

So I decided I would look up dream interpretation, I went with the ocean waves first. Cause the thought of drowning is scary and I don't wanna think about it just yet.


I found an article that says this about ocean wave dreams: "The waves in dreams may represent emotional fluctuations....However, more commonly people dream of violent and dangerous tidal waves. Tidal waves or tsunamis suggest a period of emotional upheaval. Anxiety, stress and unconscious materials may be coming to the surface and affecting your daily moods. Giant tidal waves may symbolize current emotional unhappiness and psychological stress, which is threatening to destroy you. The outcome of this dream may reveal how much strength you have to "ride out" personal storms." So basically me saying I was stressed when asked why I was screaming pretty much rings true.

Now for the scary-ary drowny part. I have often had dreams of drowning, it's one of my top three recurring nightmares. Sometimes it's the ocean or a river or the bathtub or even a glass of water. I am so freaking scared of drowning and I dunno why. So anyways coupled with the fact that I can't swim, we can all see how a vivid nightmare about drowning in the murky deep of the ocean would cause a disturbance in my slumber. So I found this, on drowning: "Dreaming about drowning is common and it invokes fear. However, it may have positive significance. This dream suggests to the dreamer that he may be overwhelmed by unresolved emotions, old issues or a current crisis. It suggests that a release of the old is necessary in order to emerge and begin anew. This dream serves to awaken the dreamer to embrace and to effectively cope with problems and negativity in his life.....If you drown to death, then it refers to an emotional rebirth. If you survive the drowning, the a walking relationship or situation will ultimately survive the turmoil."

So yeah I guess I have been stressing. For as much as people have said that I am cold-hearted, don't care or am just walking away from feelings. Take that suckas! I do stress, I do have feelings and they do affect both my waking life and slumber. I hope when all of this stress is over and done with I will have my dreams go back to normal. And my stress levels go back to normal as well. After reading all of this dream crap it seems things will have a positive outcome, or so it seems. Really though, I don't believe in this crap. Who does? Sometimes I have crazy dreams about giant pink mice... so this dream crap is all subjective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and sometimes moderated.