10 June 2011

Awesome afternoon with awesome company.

What more could I ask for?

Originally the plan was to hang out with my sister after work and do some shopping. Well, like most of our plans go we tend to modify our plans at the drop of a hat. SO before our adventure even started I was told we would be going to Laetitia Winery to meet up with a long time friend of mine and some of her friends from out of town. The drive was nice, traffic was not bad and the sun was not yet in my eyes. The afternoon was perfect for some wine, cheese and a little Bocce ball.

I had never played Bocce ball before but we played a modified version since there were a total of six of us. The teams were Central Coast vs. Orange County I was on the CC team along with my good friend and my sister. Having never played before I was a little hesitant and unsure of my abilities. Well that was short lived, I totally rock the Bocce world! So if you are ever near Laetitia Winery, stop in, grab a bottle of wine and head on outside to enjoy the sun and some Bocce ball. After we finished up our wines and completed our 7 round game we decided it was time for a change of scenery and some food.

Our original plan was to go have fresh oysters at the pier in Port San Luis but we were a tad on the late side. So we made the nerve wracking (I fear the ocean.) trek to the end of the pier to Olde Port Inn. I sat at the bar with my friend waiting for our table and ordered a beer. Then the really scary part, we were seated. I had no idea that the tables were see through and just below us was OCEAN!!! Well I knew the ocean was there but not that I would be looking at it while trying to eat! These tables have glass on top with mirrors inside so you can peer down into the water as you enjoy your meal:

View down into the table to the ocean below:

This was not a comforting thought to me so I just enjoyed my food and thought of a happy place with water NOT under me. The food is good, a tad pricey but very delicious and the view is pretty awesome so long as you don't look down.

After our friends departed, my sister and I continued on to San Luis Obispo for Farmer's Market. Well actually our plan was to do some shopping and I forgot it was Farmer's Market night :p

My sis did some shopping and I decided to call my long time friend that lives in SLO to see if he was out at Farmer's. I gave him a call and we agreed to meet a few streets down from where we were, he told us to take our time. So we did! My sis and I stopped into a store in search of a dress for me. Let me just say that fashion right now can such my ass! The dresses were really ugly!!! I found one dress that we both liked but it was three sizes too big. Boo :( So we decided we would take a peek at some shoes and look at what I got:

I was in need of new shoes! I had been on lunch looking at the soles of my shoes thinking, "Man I need new shoes before it rains again." Good thing I got new shoes last night because it's sprinkling outside today. After our shoe adventure (my sister got the cutest Hello Kitty sandals) we decided to go meet my friend that I had not seen in almost a year. For living so close to some of my best friends I have ever had, I don't see them as often as I wish I did. I think I will have to do something about that. So we met up with my friend talked about life and caught up on old times. Filled him in on what's new with me and my life and he filled me in on his. It was really good to see him and I hope to see him again soon.

One last pit stop at the Frog & Peach Pub before heading home. The band was entirely too loud and there were too many du-bro's for me to enjoy myself. So after a few drinks of my beer I pawned it off on my sister, as I had to drive us home and I wanted to make sure we were not going to get in trouble. My hearing pretty much returned to normal about a block from the parking lot we were stationed in. We walked all the way to the top just to realize we were going to be there for quite some time. Everyone was leaving and so we had to wait to get out of there. By some luck the lot's meter maid/security/parking structure overlord came by to check our parking stub. Apparently we were not there long enough to warrant being charged for parking so he ushered us out a side exit HOORAY! We got to park for free and avoided the horrid line on the way out of the structure. then on to the drive home, I will have to say that my day was pretty long and I was really tired by the time I got home. Hopefully my Friday will be as awesome as my Thursday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and sometimes moderated.