In honor of the Thirsty Thursday's of old, I will be making egg rolls. I have since lost the recipe that was handed down to me by a fellow employee. Thanks Shirley, I am sorry I had to find a new recipe. So this will be the modified recipe I will be using... I didn't type up all the steps cause I have made these before but if you have any questions, my ask box is always open. Even to anons ;)
- 2 lb. ground pork (or ground turkey for you non pig eaters)
- Carrots (6 medium carrots)
- 1 Cabbage
- Bean Thread Noodles (2 or 3 packs)
- Green Onions (1 bunch)
- Garlic (2 crushed cloves)
- Dried black mushrooms, soak in water and slice (I use fresh shitake mushrooms) 1 cup
- Eggs (3)
- Fish Sauce (1 tbsp)
- Salt (2 tsp)
- Sugar (2 tsp)
- Pepper (1/4 tsp)
- Spring roll wrappers (2 25 pc pks)
- Spicy sweet sauce
And the steps to make my arteries go to hell and my taste buds go to heaven:
- *Brown meat.
- *Soak bean thread in water for 10 minutes.
- *Shred 2-3 cups carrots.
- *Chop cabbage 2-3 cups worth.
- *Chop green onions.
- *Remove bean thread from water and cut them up with scissors.
- *Put carrots, cabbage, green onions, bean thread and 1 cup mushrooms in a large bowl.
- *Add 3 eggs, salt, sugar, pepper, fish sauce and crushed garlic cloves.
- *Add meat.
- *Mix by hand.
Roll up the yummy mixture in your spring roll wrapper and seal it closed with egg. Once they are all rolled up and ready for frying:
- Heat 2-3 inches of canola oil to about 325.
- Float the egg rolls in oil for about 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place on paper bag to absorb oil.
- Service with spicy sweet sauce.