Pages

20 July 2012

Karaoke

You're doing it wrong!!!

I'm not sure when it happened but it did.  My friend tricked me into singing a song at karaoke once and since then it's been a thing for me.  It's fun!  I'm tone deaf, so what?!  I have a good time and so do my friends.

After a long week of too much work and not enough play I figured I better do something about it.  We all know what happens when you don't let off a bit of steam and work stress.


reeeeddddrrruuuummmmm

"Wendy? Darling? Light of my life? I'm not gonna hurt ya.  I'm just gonna bash your brains in!  I'm gonna bash 'em right the fuck in!"


Well, I don't wanna relive The Shining, not enough snow around these parts to relive it.  My beef is with the karaoke overlord. [ insert angry face]  Where I live we don't have karaoke bars/parlors where you can rent a room and make a fool of yourself amongst friends.  Here local bars host a karaoke  night where you sing in front of all the bar patrons.  You get to make a fool of yourself in front of everyone (I am of course speaking for myself; I have seen some great singers out there.).  EVERYONE!  

After reading Earth Denizen's recent post, I decided I was in the mood to sing Goodbye Horses with my gal pals.  We were even going to dance around like Buffalo Bill and tuck our pretend weeners between our legs but alas the karaoke overlord didn't have the song!  I was sad.  But I figured I would sing The Promise by When in Rome because I have been in a Napoleon Dynamite kind of mood lately.

Excuse the following clip... Who takes a video of their tv?!

And song number two of the night was also a poopoo on my party.  How did the karaoke overlord not have that song?!  Stupid karaoke overlord not having the song I want to sing!  So my friend and I decided to sing our lame Buffalo Tom song together that we always sing; Late At Night.  And Mr. Karaoke Overlord says he doesn't have it!!!  How?!  How is it possible that Mr. Overlord has played the song for my friend and I before and suddenly he no longer has it and says he never did?

My conclusion:  KT and I are tone deaf and he no longer wants to hear us sing so he is slowly deleting songs that we sing.

Reality: I am being paranoid and maybe he switched laptops since the last time I went out for karaoke night. 

Oh well, at least I got to sing The Beatles with my little sister.  That's always a fun time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and sometimes moderated.