Pages

08 August 2012

Pissing In Public

I interrupt your Clerks (AV) Edition broadcast to bring up a beef I have in my apartment complex (in general really).

Public Uriniation

Last night my mom and I had a lovely dinner.  On my way back home I saw this billboard:


Baño=bathroom in Spanish.  So peeing outside is a good thing?  Es fácil ser hombre con carácter= It's easy to be a man with character.


So not only is Tecate endorsing public urination but the city of Santa Maria is also endorsing it by allowing this billboard to go up at all.  According to this article, the ad was never supposed to go out because it was rejected by Tecate's ad committee.  I wonder how long before it gets taken down here where I live? 

Public uriniation is listed as a misdemeanor under the California Penal Code.  So why is that billboard allowed to be up if it can be construed as encouragement to urinate publicly?  Or is pissing on a lone tree in the middle of nowhere considered to be not 'public'?  If that is the case why is the billboard put up within city limits where there is no lone tree, therefore it would be public urination?  Right?  Am I just getting my panties in a bunch over nothing?

Look I don't care if people want to piss up their backyards or whatever.  What I am peeved about is living in a complex with common areas that are being used as a toilet.

What really burns my biscuits is that the ad is in Spanish, therefore aimed at Spanish speakers.  Makes sense no?  This billboard is about a mile from where I live.  I live in a predominantly Spanish speaking neighborhood that happens to also have a problem with public urination.  In my apartment complex you can witness both children and adult men choosing to pee in the bushes or by the dumpsters.  They are literally 20 feet or less from their dwellings and yet they choose to urinate in public!  It's stinks and no only that, I don't need to see people whippin' their wang out so they can pee!  To top it off the little boys in the neighborhood are pretty much playing 'monkey see; monkey do'.  

Usually billboards in the community are the least of my worries but when it comes to something like the promotion of public urination it really pisses me off (no pun intended hah).  Especially when public urination is being promoted within city limits where people are going to pee in alleys, by dumpsters or in the bushes.  If only I could electrify the bushes and dumpsters in my complex with my mind powers to teach public pee'ers a lesson!


Really I wouldn't even know where to complain to about a stinkin' billboard in my community.  I guess I will just go on about my daily life pissed about pissing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and sometimes moderated.