Pages

24 February 2012

Nervous doesn't even begin to cover how I feel.

As you can see, I am ready to go. Got myself some Euros, my Passport and our rail pass. I have my travel bag, all I need to do is pack my clothes and junk.

I am a little freaked out right now. And really super excited. Not to mention I can hardly think straight or write correctly for that matter. My brain is refusing to absorb any more of the German language. Overload? Maybe.

Last night as my sister and I were fine tuning our itinerary, I misspelled 'buy' THREE TIMES! I kept skipping the 'U'. We had a good laugh over it, obviously our little brains were tired. So what do I have left to get for my trip? I think I need some socks, having fresh new socks is the best for when you travel. I am also thinking of getting a pair of Dickies, they are very sturdy, look dressier than jeans and have just as much comfort. Also if we get caught in a down pour, they dry much faster than jeans. I also need some new walking shoes. I better get these soon so I can break them in BEFORE I go. Once upon a time I broke in skate shoes on a skate trip, bloody and blistery feet is what I got.


That's about how I feel right now, that I am completely losing it! I feel completely unhinged because of the unknown. I am gonna do it and go for it. First time in a plane. First time visiting a country that is NOT Mexico. First time being the farthest from home. First time going to a country that I don't know the language of. First time driving in a foreign country. First time driving on what I call the wrong side of the road. I have taken to sweets as my sole comfort and I gotta cut that shit out. I end up with a sugar high that doesn't help me focus and I crash so hard I want to throw up. Woosah!


Get it together Susie!
You are psyching yourself out!!!!
Woosah.... woosah.

I will be sending out post cards from places I visit, let me know if you want one. Shoot me your addy via email and I will add you to my list. thegypsie[at]gmail[dot]com
I have a little Indiana Jones travel journal that I will be taking with me with addresses for post cards, mini maps and to take down notes of all I see. It would be a shame to come back with a butt ton of pictures and not be able to say what the hell it was I was taking a picture of. When I get back I may scan my travel journal so you can see the journal of a mad man (woman) in Germany. I gotta remember to take several pens or I might end up writing in blood! @_@

Anyone have travel tips or suggest something for me to do in Germany? I am all ears.


I'm really gonna miss my husband and my little dogs when I am gone. I should print a picture of them to take with me for when I feel homesick.

Places I know I will be (may be amended):
  • Munich
  • Schwangau
  • Füssen
  • Dachau
  • Wiesbaden
  • Frankfurt
  • Hürth
  • Cologne
  • Berlin
  • Amsterdam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and sometimes moderated.