Pages

10 January 2013

The (Rock) Liebster Award!!!


I got a lovely little message from Happy Yuan and she was kind enough to Liebster Award me.  She what?! I will explain but first a little theme music to go with my Liebster Award.  Rock Liebster!!!



So it's a little game I get to be a part of.  Game you say?  Heck yeah and I love games.  For this game the rules are simple.  Yeah, simple I said!  First off the Liebster Award is supposed to be given by bloggers to other bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.  I think the idea behind this is to get to know other bloggers out there in that giant blogosphere universe.  Getting on to how it works.
  • You can't nominate the blog that nominated you.
  • You have to post 11 random facts about yourself.
  • You gotta answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated posted for you.
  • Paste the award picture into your blog.
  •  Pass the award onto 11 other bloggers, let them know you nominated them too!  (I assume you want to nominate people who have not gotten Liebster'ed already.)
  • Write up 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.

Thank you once again for the nomination Happy Yuan.  I enjoy reading your blog and you always are so sweet and humble.  I think your English skills are good and I like that you share your daily Japanese life on your blog.


  1. I have a strong stomach but rootbeer and black licorice makes me vomit.  Must me a mental thing.
  2. I commonly have night terrors that wake both me and my husband up.  It's okay he does it to me too.
  3. I am allergic to dust.  Cleaning and moving is really fun!
  4. I am also allergic to pesticides which sucks because I live in an agrarian community.
  5. I hate the way new born babies smell.  BARF!
  6. I can speed read.
  7. I type 100 wpm.
  8. I may have inherited a tad of my mother's dyslexia.  When I type or write sometimes my stuff comes out transposed.
  9. Math and I have a love/hate relationship.  Once I learn a concept I am golden, but the journey to understanding is a battle.
  10. I used to smoke and I just accidentally quit one day.  Go figure!  
  11. I am fluent in Spanish (reading, writing, speaking) but I often play dumb to get out using my skill without compensation.  If you want me to speak it at work, pay me to do so.

  1.  What is my New Year's resolution?  I don't make resolutions.  I find that if I want to have a goal I should just start the goal as soon as possible.  No sense in waiting until the start of a new year to start a new goal.
  2. What time do you go to bed?  Yikes this is a tough one.  It really depends on the day and my diet.  When I eat well my body requires less sleep and I feel more energized.  When my diet is poorer I tend to feel sluggish to wake up and go to bed early.
  3. What foods do you like?  I love fresh fruit!  I am also a fan of curry, dim sum, my mom's cooking, raw salmon, salmon roe.  This is a bad question really, I LOVE food.  With the exception of the two items listed under random facts.  I can't think of anything I don't like but then again I am sure there are things out there that I have yet to try that I may dislike.
  4. What celebrities do you like?  I am not one of those star-struck ladies.  I enjoy the talents of many voice actors and live actors but I don't "like" any.  I, unlike some, do not have a framed photo of Johnny Depp or something on my desk.  Absurd!
  5. When is your happy time in your life?  Right now.  I thought I was happy in my 20's but I was just having fun, not necessarily happy.  My life is good right now.  I have 2 fur babies, happily married, employed, a great relationship with my mom, great friends, my siblings are very caring and that's good.  It wasn't always like that.  I do stress at times but I am thankful for what I have in my life right now.
  6. What is your favorite color to wear?  Because my clothing is all hand me downs from my little sister... I go with the color scheme she gives me.  I do notice that I tend to lean more towards primary colors and black.  I don't wear white because I attract dirt.  And pastels or pinks don't really compliment my skin tone I don't think.  Given the option I really enjoy wearing teal.
  7. Do you collect anything?  Aside from dust... yeah sort of but I try not to.  I have an extensive stationery collection.  I use it to write to friends.  Yes, I know the art of writing is dead but I enjoy a good hand written letter from time to time.  So I guess you could say that I collect stationery to eventually give it out.
  8. What kind of music do you like?  It would be easier to say what kind of music I don't like: dubstep, top 40's, most country, Mexican polka and scat.
  9. If you were given $10,000 and had to spend in a few days, what would you spend it for?  I would use it to buy airline tickets, accommodations and activities for my sister, husband and mom to go to Hawaii.  Plans are already in the works to go later this year but if I had that cash right now, it would make it so the only money we would have to be concerned with is spending cash for when we get there.
  10. What do you think of your blog?  I love my blog.  I have always liked writing and it's a great way for me to remember things as time passes.  I have also had the opportunity to meet other bloggers and learn about their lives, cultures and counties.
  11. What do you think of my blog?  I love your pictures.  If I can't travel to Japan now, at least I can see it through your adventures.  I also think it is great that you practice your English using your blog.  Use it or lose it is what I have been told.

  1. Do you know The Muffin Man?
  2. Who did let the dogs out?
  3. When was the last time you made a difference in someone's life?
  4. What do you like or dislike about humanity?
  5. What is one goal you accomplished in 2012?
  6. Have you ever contributed to a charity and if so which one?
  7. What is your favorite tabletop or card game to play?
  8. Honestly, how do you feel about Facebook?
  9. A movie based on your life is being made, what actor will play you?
  10. What is one thing you plan on doing in 2013 to maintain or get to a healthy weight?
  11. Is there a word you commonly misspell?

 Dear Nominees,
          I hope that you will play along as time sees fit.  But please do not feel obligated to accept the Liebster Award or make a post for it.  I did this because I think it's a great way to find new blogs and for my blog to be found too.  Not to mention I am honored that Happy Yuan nominated me.
Thankfully,
            Me

P.S.  If you have more than 200 followers, sorry I couldn't tell on your page by looking.  But I say you can play along too.  I didn't find the rules in stone.  They are more like guidelines right?

  1. Kathryn at Project Kathryn
  2. Tom at Yashmat United
  3. Christ at Confessions of a Badboy in Japan
  4. Emily at The pink zombie.
  5. Lily at Lylandra's Life
  6. Seonkyoung at Asian At Home With Seonkyoung Longest
  7. Neally at Dumb As A Mug
  8. Billy at Earth Denizen
  9. Dennis and Helena at The Japans
  10. Kristen at Adventures in Yokosuka
  11. Qwerky at Bouyancy
 I look forward to reading my nominee's answers and hopefully finding cool blogs through their nominees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and sometimes moderated.