Pages

07 January 2013

Book: The Bad Girl's Club

Three girls unite in their realization that keeping themselves nice has got them nowhere.  It's time to take action.  It's time to rebel.  It's time to become Bad Girls.

Imogen wants to get laid but how can she be a bad girl until she loses a few kilos and gets her body into order?  Beth is happy to be a bad girl - so long as on one else finds out and so long as she is in control.  Juliette's not really sure what she's doing there, but it sure beats another Saturday night gaming with her geek boyfriend.

They band together to form the Bad Girl's Club, a support group for recovering nice girls, and through a series of brazen dares, push the limits of their sexuality.

But are the girls ready to finally take the final leap that will have them branded as bad girls for real?  To save the club, and each other they have to publicly acknowledge their darkest secrets.

The Bad Girls' Club - it's about sex, it's about dares but most of all, it's about friendship.  Available at Amazon and Smashwords.

The lovely Kathryn O'Halloran.
One of my favorite bloggers Kathryn just put out a new book.  And any publicity is good publicity right?  So I offered her up a guest blog post.  The above is a little blurb of what her new book is all about.  I always kind of wondered how writers get their ideas for their books.  And Kathryn was kind enough to share with me one of her "research" stories.  If you all recall, I used to work in an Adult Video store and talked about it here, here and here.  During the time I worked in an AV store I too had to deal with shoplifters, her story tops my shoplifter stories.

In Kathryn's book, a character named Beth (she is a little uptight) is dared to go into a sex shop to purchase a vibe.  Kathryn decided she needed to research a sex shop to ensure authenticity to her story.  So here is a bit of her research that turned into quite an adventure.

I rocked up around 11 o'clock at night, figuring I'd go in and look around, getting a sense of the place to add authentic detail.  

While I investigated the displays of merchandise and cut price DVDs, an old wino came into the store.  The next minute, the guy manning the front desk began yelling, "PUT THAT BACK!  I SAW YOU!"

Of course, that got my mind racing with all sorts of wacky and kinky possibilities.  What I hadn't been expecting though was to find out the guy had been trying to shoplift a pair of edible undies.

I'm not sure if he was hungry and that was his meal of last resort or if he wanted a present for his wino girlfriend but that bum had shoved those tasty underwear down his manky sweatpants.

While the argument went on between him and the store guy -  the bum denying the theft, then claiming it was an accident - I hightailed it out of there.  I didn't want to be caught up in a crime scene investigation.

I definitely had some authentic detail for the book but kind of wished I'd stuck around.  I wanted to know if the edible undies got thrown out or put back on the shelf.
As a former AV store clerk, if the packaging was not damaged the undies would go back on the shelf.  Personally I would give the packaging a little damage to make sure they didn't get sold since they had gone into the wino's sweatpants; GROSS!  So Kathryn, were you maybe channeling a bit of Beth trying to get the hell outta dodge before you got caught up in the scene?  I think I would have stuck around to see what happened next.

So, if you are into naughty stories, give her new book a try.  If you like her style of writing and want more, feel free to check out her Amazon profile to see what other literary works she has put out.  Her books are all available electronically as Kindle Editions.  I've gotten a few of her books for friends as gifts and they have enjoyed the gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and sometimes moderated.