Pages

22 December 2012

Happy Holidays

A few years ago when I celebrated Christmas at my in-laws for the first time, I noticed tons of pictures.  Pictures from the 80's/90's of my husband and his siblings with Santa Claus.  My mom in-law took her kiddos to see Santa and get pictures every year.  It was really nice to look back at the pictures of everyone with Santa Claus.


I used to be 'Santa's Helper' and photograph children at the mall with Santa.  I thought it was cool that my mom in-law kept up on photos with Santa for so long.  When I was Santa's Helper I would see people return year after year with their kids.  It was cool to know that their parents were keeping a yearly record of their visit to Santa.


Last year I asked the mister if he would please come take a picture with me and Santa.  He said no.  After a little bribing he agreed to do it.  He managed to weasel his way out of it last year.  But this year I tried again and was successful!  The mister is not a fan of photos or Santa but he did it.  He even smiled.  So I am taking the photo, framing it and presenting it to mom in-law on Christmas Eve.  She is going to be so excited when she sees it.

Mission Accomplished!

Anyhow, I just wanted to wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season.  Sometimes this time of year ends up stressful for people.  Sometimes commercial greed gets the better of people.  Sometimes reflecting on an unsatisfactory year can dip people into depression.  Think of the positive things in life.  Cherish what you have and make goals to achieve what you don't.  Happy holidays everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and sometimes moderated.