Pages

18 April 2014

A to Z Challenge: P is for Pismo Beach



I bet you thought you were going to see the stereotypical, Baywatch-esque, California beach, huh?  Or you were expecting to see this Pismo Beach:
That is the Pismo I avoid, it's getting to be that time of year.  That time of year when folk from Bakersfield and the surrounding areas flood the central coast looking to escape the oppressive heat of in-land California.  They show up in droves, three day weekends are the worst.  I wouldn't get so upset about it but for the most part they show up acting like entitled jerks that litter the beaches with cigarette butts, Coors Light containers and fast-food wrappers.  This time of year I usually run the hills to hide.  Reminds me of an episode of Family Guy, the one about the Leafers.  Except we don't get Leafers, we get Bake-O's (as it people from Bakersfield).
Forget it!  I prefer it much more when the weather is overcast and not a soul want's to enjoy natures beauty.  The best time to enjoy it is when you can actually enjoy it instead of wading through an ocean of sweaty, gross, litter bugs.  Maybe I'm anti-social but I have my reasons for preferring a quiet walk on a gloomy beach over a crowded, sunny day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and sometimes moderated.