Pages

19 April 2014

A to Z Challenge: Q is for Queensland






One of these days when I make it to Australia, I plan on stopping in Queensland; specifically Brisbane and Ipswich.  If I haven't mentioned it before I have hosted several exchange students.  Most of the students I have hosted range from a 2 week stay all the way to a 5 month stay.  The shortest kids I hosted were a group of four boys from Ipswich Grammar School that stayed with us for four days.

The four boys were traveling with their teammates through the US playing in basketball tournaments against other high schools.  These boys were nothing like any of the other students I had previously hosted.  Most of the students I had hosted were mousey, shy and Asian.  These boys were rambunctious, outgoing and very friendly; they were also ravenous eaters!  They encouraged us to come visit sometime in the future.  Some of the boys that stayed with us still remain contact online.  I hope one day to be able to visit where they came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and sometimes moderated.