Pages

28 April 2014

A to Z Challenge: X is for Xanax


The first time I was going on a trip that included a plane ride I was so worried about the flight that I asked my doctor to give me a prescription for Xanax.  I have had to take it before for anxiety and before dentist visits.  I know flying stresses out many folks so that's why X gets Xanax for my A-to-Z Challenge.  Anyone who has suffered panic attacks can attest to the helpfulness of Xanax.  When I first started getting panic attacks I thought I was having a heart attack!  I literally would have to pull over, stop the car and hope I wasn't dying.  It was stress, I have since learned ways to avoid getting so bent out of shape.  But I digress, back to getting a prescription for flight jitters.

Oddly enough I didn't need to take the pills.  I was more excited than anything else to go on my first international trip that I didn't feel nervous at all.  I actually have come to enjoy flying.  The last flight I was on I did feel slightly nervous only because, like an idiot, I decided to read up on that missing plane that was all over the news.  Maybe not the smartest reading material pre-flight, I guess I am a glutton for punishment.  I just had to remember the odds are much better for flying than driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and sometimes moderated.